Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

CCC #28 and VSD4 Challenge #1

What a beautiful Sunday we're having. I've been admiring my flowers this afternoon. I just got my flower bed cleaned out and planted yesterday....yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a little late getting that done. :-)

Here's another card created for our VSD #4 that our blog group is having this weekend. Our first challenge, April hosted. She challenged us to create a card using acetate. Well, I've never tried this. I was very nervous....hoping I would get it right! :-)
I also combined this card with our Crafty Critter's biweekly challenge (#28) that Terria hosted. She challenged us to make a card using our Cricut and also use flowers and brads.

So, here's my little goody:


I used a piece from the Night and Day dsp from SU! (retired). I thought it went well with Minnie. I thought at first I was going to have to use a piece of acetate from a package. But, then I got to looking through all my paper and found this. I layered some pixie pink and white card stock on the inside and some chipboard flowers with a small black brad beside Minnie. I'm thinking of giving this card to my daughter for her birthday in August. She loves Disney characters and pink and polka dots! (the #28 challenge Terria hosted also said it needed to be a Summer card. Well, DD's birthday IS in August...that's in the Summer...so that's my "Summer" part of the card! Hope that's okay Terria :-)

Until next time...
Blessings...

9 comments:

  1. Melina, that is so cute! I never would have thought of using the acetate for the entire card. Great job. I love pink and polka dots and Minnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melina, oh my goodness... this is adorable! I love your acetate card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is awesome, I so love this Minnie Cricut cut. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such an awesome acetate card--hard to believe it's your first! Minnie is just so gosh darn cute with the polka dot paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable - this is such a cute image! Fantastic card girlfriend!

    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card turned out too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely amazing....I really really love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate your comments. Have a great day and God bless!