Thursday, July 29, 2010

What about these colors?

Hey everybody! I hope you're all having a great week.

I'm behind on my card challenges! This card follows a sketch from Ravengirl over on SCS. She's this week's Featured Stamper Congrats Toni!!!

This card also goes along with this week's ColourQ challenge #43.

Now I would have never, ever put these colors together, okay, yes I would have put everything but the bermuda bay (not one of my faves) together. Thanks ColourQ for helping me step outside my box!

Here's the card I came up with...

Supplies:
Card stock: bermuda bay (retired), peach parfait, early espresso, old olive, white
Ink: old olive, pumpkin pie
Stamps: Sanded, Silhouette Sentiments
Accessories: Big Shot machine, beautiful wings embosslit, paper trimmer, score blade, SU! bright collection button, linen thread, half pearls, circle punches


Can you tell I used my linen thread to create the middle butterflies antennas? It's hard to see up against the sanded b/g.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Until next time...
Blessings...

11 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Craft Paper said...

Melina, this is such a lovely card! I love those embossed butterflies and the pearls.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Pretty card, Melina!

Melanie said...

Oh girl this is beautiful!!! Georgous butterflies and I do like this color combo together.

dweatter said...

Great card!! I love the color combo.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card!Thanks for playing the CQC!

Lela said...

Melina, your card is so pretty! I like those butterflies!

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the colors and butterflies!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I love Sanded---it adds such a nice "texture" to a background; and of course your butterflies are lovely! Love those "scallops"! Thanks for playing CQC and thanks for visiting MY blog! :D

Colleen said...

Neat colors and I really like the embossed butterflies!

April said...

I love that color combo...and you did a great job putting them together!