Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What a Glamorous Babe!

Hi all!
I'm posting my latest Mystery card! This mysterious image was toooooo funny!
I love it Carol! Thank you so much for hosting this round!
Have you ever seen a more glamorous image??? hee! hee!
 For this round, I made a 4x6 pocket card with a matching Kraft envelope (which I forgot to take a picture of). The image I colored with my Spectrum markers.
The card base is a 12x12 piece of card stock that I cut at 4", then I place the 4x12 inch piece of c/s on my Scor Pal and scored at 3" and 9" to make the opening in the middle of the card base. 
 I added some solid c/s to the middle of the card to hide where the patterned paper came together (there is a slight space if you don't score the base exact so this helps to cover any imperfections).
After I cut out the image with my Spellbinders die and Big Shot machine, I placed a piece of cornered kraft c/s behind it so when you lift the top up.......
 You don't see the ink that bled through when coloring.
I hid the sentiment behind the top lift of the card......
 Here's the inside of the card with the sentiment. With this striped fold, I made a pocket so that the sender can place money, a note or gift card in the card.
 The sentiment was plain white.....I decided it needed to be sprayed a few times. Of course, doing that meant I had to go over the font with a black gel pen to darken the words a little.
Here's a close up of the pocket. I just added some 1/8" scor tape to the left and right sides.

Well, that took quite a bit of explaining. LOL
I hope you will try this yourself!

Until next time...
Blessings...




3 comments:

Carol W said...

this card is adorable and really awesome in real life. So glad I get to keep one for myself...

Barb said...

What a cute Melina--I love the design and the colors. A pocket card is perfect for this great image!

MiamiKel said...

Woohoo, this is fabulous and colorful, Melina! Well done with this wonderful design!