Monday, September 7, 2009

LABOR DAY CRAFTING!!!

HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE!

Yeah, even though it's Labor Day and we're not to "labor" today, I've already fixed brunch, washed dishes, cleaned the kitchen, read three storybooks and calmed histerical tears b/c my daughter's 102 Dalmations Movie ended (I started it again needless to say! ). Oh well, the day in the life of a mommy.
I did get a chance to finish up some bookmarks yesterday after church. These are for a swap I'm in on SCS. We had to make scripture bookmarks.


I used chocolate chip cardstock, Sweet Always paper & Pumpkin pie cardstock. I used a stamp from Verve for the scripture. Be sure and check out their mojo mondays blog for some great sketches. I have the link in my sidebar. I used a stamp from the SU! set Circle Circus for the 2 circle accents (I used chocolate chip and pumpkin pie inks on white cardstock). Then for the "tassel" I used brown grosgrain ribbon that I cut at an angle on each end then folded and stapled onto the top of the bookmark. Remember if you use staples on a bookmark to cover them with scotch tape on the back so the bookmark doesn't scratch your book pages.
Thanks for looking and happy crafting....and reading!
Until next time...
Blessings...

1 comment:

JayLynn said...

Oh I like those! And I like your new blog background, it looks great :)