Wednesday, March 17, 2010

CAS58 ~ Circle Scraps

Well, Hello there! How ya doin'? :)
I got to participate in the clean and simple challenge this week over on SCS.
The challenge was to create a card using Chocolate chip and mint in mind. Yummmmmy, I love that combo! Now, my hubby on the other hand thinks this combo, in regards to food, is gross. I just love eating a York Peppermint patty in front of him just to see his face! ha! ha! ha!
Ain't that mean?!
Here's my creation...


I'm lovin' using my scraps lately. I hate seeing that big box sitting under the chest, unused. So, for this card I pulled out that baby and got to work. I used very vanilla as my card base. Then I layered a piece of chocolate chip c/s. The green panel along with the patterned paper circle is from a My Minds Eye stack. I had a couple of strips of it in my scrap pile. Then I used a stamp from the Circle Circus set on very vanilla c/s. I stamped it once in chocolate chip then in green galore. It doesn't show up very well in the pic but it looks funky! (in a good way :)) I stamped the Thanks from fundamental phrases set in chocolate chip. I added some sheer ribbon to the green panel and then decorated my envelope.

Thank so much for stopping by today!

Until next time...
Blessings...

8 comments:

Terria said...

Awesome card I love this color combo too.

Melanie said...

Oh I ssssssooooo LOVE this color combo. I love using my stash of scraps too, great card girl.

Tracey said...

Hi Melina - Mint Chocolate Chip is my FAVORITE ice cream, really anything minty.....hmmm...kinda want some ice cream now.

Oh BTW, love the yummy card. Way to use those scraps.

Hugs,
Tracey

marsha said...

Ooh Melina, this is so elegant! I love the color combo, this is beautiful!

Hugs,
Marsha

Lesley said...

Very pretty, I love that color combo! I may have to make one tonight.

AnnMarie said...

What a great color combo!! Your card is so pretty too!

April said...

What a great card...and I love to use my scraps...I have a really huge box of them and I too hate to see them sitting there...lately I have been digging through there first before pulling out new sheets!

Colleen said...

Love the colors and the clean and simple style:)