Monday, March 29, 2010

My First Easel Card!

Okay...
I'll be the first to say, I made Easel cards out to be very difficult. They looked difficult when I first say them on SCS. I am not a "difficult" kind of girl. Okay maybe with some of my scrapbooking but not with cards. You see, I don't have many people that would appreciate "difficult" cards. I think that is the main reason I am a clean and simple gal. I hate the thoughts of a card I send being thrown in the garbage after it is received and looked at. I decided I would keep this card for my very own! I'm going to display it on my TV cabinet.
This card is for our Crafty Critter blog group challenge, #24 hosted by April. Our requirements were...
Make an Easel card AND (recipe)...
1. thing that glitters
2. ribbons
3. layers (at least)...so layer that card up!!!
4. colors...colors on your image, on your DP, on the ribbon whatever...just as long as there are 4 different colors on your card!
Oh and, we had to enter it in at least 1 other challenge.

It's also for this week's Cute Card Thursday challenge to use dimension.


Sorry about the off center pic. My camera I just got at Christmas has stopped working, it will not come on. Wal-Mart will not take it back. So, I had to use my old Kodak camera with the broken viewfinder/screen. I can't see what I'm taking a picture of or what angle I'm taking it at so I just have to guess and then try and crop it on the computer. Don't you feel sorry for me? I'm going next week to get a Canon. I have a 35mm Canon with lots of bells and whistles, extension lens and everything that I've never had a problem with so I'm going to try a digital one.

Everything on this card is SU! I started with Old Olive c/s. I layered with brilliant blue, pumpkin pie, barely banana and Welcome Neighbors ds papers. (that's about 5 colors, April :))
I stamped the leaf stamp from Refuge and Strength on the bottom piece of dsp. Then used my scallop circle punch and smaller circle punch, crumpled them up then stamped 'friend' (fundamental phrases set) in versamark ink and embossed with iridescent ice ep (there's my glitter).
I used old olive satin ribbon and linen thread in the middles of my scallop circle flowers (hope linen thread counts as a ribbon here...ummmmm....I hope)
I used way more than 3 layers....I thought that was going to be my biggest challenge being the CAS girl that I am but it wasn't so bad :)
The sentiment is from Refuge and Strength stamp set. I used a stamp from Itty Bitty backgrounds in pumpkin pie and old olive ink on barely banana c/s. Then stamped the sentiment in chocolate chip.

Thanks for visiting today!

Until next time...
Blessings...

12 comments:

marsha said...

Melina, this is gorgeous! Fantastic colors and what a great picture you took with a broken viewfinder! Phooey on WM too!

Hugs,
Marsha

Sharon said...

Beautiful!! :)

Jennifer said...

This is sooo beautiful Melina! I love it!!! Hugs!

Colleen said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors - they are so different, and what a great idea to display it:)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - terrific card!! I haven't tried one of these yet...but you're making me want to!!! So many beautiful elements in your card!!! I agree - keep it yourself!!!
ha ha
Maria

Tracey said...

This is beautiful! The colors are awesome:)
Hugs,
Tracey

Melanie said...

Wowzers girl, you are awesome, this is awesome, great job on your card. Love it!!!!

Terria said...

It turned out great for the 1st time I love the buttons ;)

Lesley said...

Very pretty card, I love the colors!

Melanie said...

I love, love, love your easle card, you did such a great job with it. I love the sentiment and the colors.

AnnMarie said...

Really great job with the easel card!

April said...

I think it came out wonderful and any crafty person would/could appreciate the time and difficultness of the card!! ;)