Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blue Paradise

Hello!

I hope you're having a great day. I'd like to share a card I made for the One Layer Wednesday challenge over on the Simplicity blog. This week's challenge was to use the masking technique to make a background.


This is probably the first time I've ever used the masking technique. Isn't that awful! I can't believe I've never tried this technique before. I still have some "smoothing issues" with the sponge daubers to work out, but I am pretty pleased with the end result.

Supplies used:
circle punch, night of navy...not quite navy...basic black inks, Paradise stamp set, Watercolor Trio stamp set, sponge daubers


Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)

Until next time...
Blessings...

12 comments:

Dallas said...

Hard to believe you've never used this technique before because your card is simply gorgeous!!

tkle said...

Hi! I really like your card! Especially how the circles start off dark and get lighter! So neat =)

Shelley Starkis said...

This is so beautiful! I love how you've used the circles.

Susan said...

love the different shades you did with the blues...very nice card!

Terria said...

LOVE IT!! the colors and sentiment :)

marsha said...

Wow Melina, this is just stunning! Love this technique!
Hugs, Marsha

Donelda said...

You've done a great job on this - isn't the masking technique quick, simple, and effective. I actually like the look of your daubbing ... it doesn't always have to look "smooth" and the varied colors adds lots of depth to the circles you've created!! I think it is amazing!!

Susan Raihala said...

WOW! The dark blues against the white look so sophisticated and elegant! Wonderful choice and layout!

Moira said...

So pretty!!

Colleen said...

So pretty! I love the blues:)

April said...

Great card...I love the different shades of the blue! I have never masked before either!!!

Lesley said...

Great one layer card!