Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Challenge

Happy Sunday! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did, we traveled most of the day as usual, but, we love spending time with our family....it was all worth it.

Over on SCS, I'm in a blog group called the Paper Princesses. We decided recently to try some fun weekly challenges. AnnMarie is our challenge Princess! :) She wanted us to think about whom we are thankful for in our lives and make them something.
Well, I'm of course thankful for my hubby and our kiddos and all our family, but for this challenge I wanted to thank someone who didn't even know they were a blessing in my life. Those that follow my blog, know we moved February of this year. Where we did live was at times scary. Now, it wasn't a drug ring part of town or anything, but we had some neighbors that were sketchy and there was another that raised big, crazy dogs for other purposes than just man's best friend. We would get knocks on the door at all hours of the night and when we would check there would be shaving cream on our car or poop on the doorstep, stuff all over the walkway, laughing and cursing in the bushes. It was never ending teenage pranks that we called the cops for on more than one occasion. Not to mention the goats in our yard everyday from the neighbors crude, broken fence. I was DONE! I wanted a neighborhood that was quiet, but that had good neighbors that would be there when you needed them. Okay, now I know that is a large order, and we thought we'd never find it. BUT WE DID! I know we've only been here 9 months, but our neighbors are wonderful! Brandon got his truck stuck in the ditch one day and 2 of our neighbors saw it and got chains and got to work! I've had 2 yard sales (yes 2 we had lots of stuff!) with one of my neighbors. The ones across the street moved a couple months ago because of her hubbys job and we all about cried because we knew we were loosing great neighbors.
So, anyway, I thought about all this when I saw AnnMarie's challenge and knew what I wanted to do.

It's not much but my daughter and I made cookies for our neighbors and delivered them before we left Thursday morning for our family get-togethers.
Each one of them were surprised and happy to see us and took a few minutes out of their busy mornings to say thanks. I am so thankful for good neighbors. I sleep so much better at night now.

Here's a close up of the little turkey I made. He is made with the leaf from Day of Gratitude stamp set, the small oval punch, one of the Itty Bitty punches from the punch pack and circles from the Owl punch. I used the rock and roll technique on the leaves (also on the 3x3 card I attached to the cookie package) with cherry cobbler, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight and choc. chip ink.

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

8 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Awwww-dorable!! What a cute turkey! Would you be my neighbor?! :) So glad that you are in a better neighborhood! Great job with the challenge! Thanks for playing along!

Craft Paper said...

Melina that turkey is so cute. Such a cute way to decorate your cookies. I am so glad you live in a great neighbor hood now. Good neighbors make all the difference!

Athina said...

These are so sweet! God has his hands in everything. It is such a blessing to have good neighbors.

April said...

Girl, these are great! I bet every o e of your neighbors loved the little visit from you and your daughter! I am happy that you are now in a loving and caring neighborhood!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Melina, after I read your story I couldn't be more happy for move. I'm glad you have good neighbours. Your project is very cute and sweet!!!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Melina, this is great...love, love, love it and so perfect for the season...

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Cute turkey. It is nice to have great neighbors.

Pam said...

What a thoughtful thing to do for your neighbors! The turkey is too cute!!!