Monday, December 5, 2011

Crafty Gals December Challenge AND 25 Days of Christmas Creations Day 6!

Hiya!
Welcome to Day 6 of my 25 Days of Christmas event here at the Crafty Scrapper! Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate your comments :) (check out my post from November 30 to see what all the hoop la is about!)
Also, today is the day to post my Crafty Gals project!
I am a part of a new blog group over on SCS. We are the Crafty Gals Blog Group. We have 11 super sweet ladies.
This is our first challenge. We'll be having one each month.
This month was just a "kick off" challenge. I asked the ladies to make a Holiday project keeping the number 3 in mind. "The Power of Three" challenge required them to use 3 layers (card base doesn't count as a layer), 3 images (or an image with 3 things on it), 3 embellishments and only 3 different colors. Not 1, not 2, not 4....3 and no more! :)
Oh yes, and your sentiment could NOT be on the outside of the card.
Now that I think about it, this challenge had lots of "no, no's" hahahaha
So, this challenge required a good bit of thinking. What was I thinking?!!! LOL Oh well, I tried my best to stay within the "guidelines"....here's what I made....
I made my card base 5"x4.25" That way I'd have room for my 3 ribbons at the top (they are sticking 1/2" out at the top). My ribbons are real red and early espresso. My card stock colors are crumb cake, real red and early espresso (and white on image). I have to admit I used a little ice blue on the background of all the reindeer so my coloring is red, brown, green and a hint of ice blue. Once I distressed my layers and inked around the edges, I still felt like it needed something so I added the white gel pen dots.
As for the image, I HAVE NO CLUE WHO MAKES IT! If any of you know, please tell me! I love this image, I want this stamp! But alas, I received this image in a swap and do not know the vendor. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take a minute to see what the other Crafty Gals made for this challenge. Their blogs are listed in my sidebar, over there -------->
:~)
Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

13 comments:

Jacquel said...

Hi Melina! Your card came out sooo very cute Hun!!! Love your layout, colors & the way you used your ribbon....pretty creative if you ask me! Thanks so much for a great challenge!!!!!

BTW, now that I'm looking at your card....I think I may have cheated just a lil' bit with my main image panel!!!!!

April said...

Sweet. I like that you made your card slightly shorter to give room for the ribbons!

Barb said...

Melina--what a cute card. I too just love the image and the card is very, very cute!

Thanks for a great challenge and organizing this wonderful group of ladies!

Ana Carolina Little said...

I'm loving the images the group is using. First I saw Heather's Santas and now this reindeers. They are adorable, great job Melina and I LOVED this challenge!!!

Kelly said...

Great card! I loved your challenge. I'll be keeping an eye on you guys in the new year for some awesome inspiration!

I liked the white gel pen dot work. I think it was that 'something'. WTG!

Craft Paper said...

Your card is adorable. I like the ribbons poking out the top. Those reindeer are just adorable!

Athina said...

The colors are so rich and those reindeer are too cute! Love the design! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! I want those reindeer too!!!! Cute card. It's gorgeous!! Thanks for a great challenge.

Lela said...

GREAT card Melina! The reindeer really are CUTE! I like that you adjusted for the ribbon, this was a very fun challenge, TFS

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Cute layout. I love the images too. Let us know if you ever figure out who makes it.

Darlene said...

What fun, 3 reindeer, all peeking through the windows, waiting for Santa! Love the color combos and the layout is great. Nice job!

Patty Gorka said...

Oh, isn't this ever so cute, what a darling image. Super challenge card, Melina!

Unknown said...

Love the reindeer - great job on the challenge - wish i knew who made those stamps too!