Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another Mystery Solved!

Hello
It's time again for the Mysterious image to be revealed.
 I'm a part of a group on SCS that loves a good Mystery. We have a different hostess every couple of months that sends us images. We then make cards with the image and then mail them back to the hostess. She in turn, swaps them out and we get cards back (that other ladies in the group have made with the same image) along with the next rounds mystery image. It may sound a little confusing, but we make it work. It's a great group of ladies.
This round was hosted by our sweet Linda.
She sent us this darling MFT image. I've never worked with them and now I'm hooked.
I colored the image with watercolor pencils and blended with my blender pen.
Linda also sent the brown CM cocoa paper I use on the card base. I decided to make my card base smaller than usual. I placed the image a taller than the base so the card would fit in a regular A2 envelope. 
The snowflake accent is made with 3 SU! punches and a white brad. I popped it up off the card with dimensionals. 

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

16 comments:

Darlene said...

What a lovely color scheme, Melina! That red really pops the soft blues, and that snowflake is wonderful!! Creative layout too! You really rocked this round!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute! Love that image!

craftieodmae said...

how fun and interesting!!!! Super cute card!

April said...

I love the colors you chose! Great card!

I must remember to make a square card and add a 'topper'....

Payne Holler Cards said...

sounds like fun swap! card is adorable (love MFT)

Barb said...

Great Card Melina. I really like the colors you used and the layout is perfect!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Beautiful card Melina. Love the colours you chose. and that punch looks perfect on the card!!!

~Paola~ said...

beautiful tent-topper card Melina.
I love all the soft colors U used here and the added punched out snowflake too.It makes the card pop. Very sweetly done ♥

MiamiKel said...

WOW, you did rock this challenge! Perfect in every way! xoxo

Benzi said...

That really is a cute image and a great card...good use of those punches, too.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh I love that with the big snowflake! Great take on the image.

Athina said...

I love how the image pops off the card!

AnnMarie said...

Great card! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Melina, your card is incredible! I love the strips of color behind the image. So fun!!!

Patty Gorka said...

Super cute card, love your layout!

Samantha said...

Ohhhhh...love it...Hope I get one of yours :)