Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crafters of Faith February Challenge

Hiya!
Happy March!

Today the Crafters of Faith blog group is posting their creations from Jackie's challenge last month. She wanted us to make our project with this in mind:
1. a loving card but no red & white combos (stick with love but without the Valentine's theme)
2. Use something of Nature on your creation.
3. Use at least 1 circle

Here's what I came up with...
I used my SU! Watercolor Trio stamp set for the image piece and sentiment. I thought the sentiment went very well with the theme.
This card has a western feel to it to me. Does it you? The little piece to the right of the image panel really reminds me of the designs on a western shirt..

I hope you can check out what the other girls made today. Their blogs are listed in my left sidebar (scroll down just a little).
Have a good one.

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

14 comments:

Liz said...

love your card and all the circles in green and brown very cleaver! it really is "from the Heart"

Hugs

FYI: your post didnt show up on my blog I just happened upon it?? am I the only one??



Liz D

Jacquel said...

Your card came out great Melina! I love the colors you used & I can see that western fling you have going on here! Very nice work with the challenge & TFS!!!

April said...

Hey, what a fabulous card! I really like the colors...and how you think it has that western feel!


Funny Liz, the first time I was here, it didn't have any place for me to leave a comment!

Athina said...

The colors go very nicely together! Very cute!

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful card, Melina! Love your circle punched border! It really sets off that lovely focal image. Great color combo!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super,super pretty! Love your color combo!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Hello Cowgirl! What a cute card. I really like the idea you used with the punched circles. I will have to remember that one! Thanks, for sharing.

Ana Carolina Little said...

Melina, love your card, specially the colour combo!!!. Very pretty!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

glad you got your "comments" back!
love this watercolor look, beautiful!

Liz Williams said...

Ileft a comment over on SCS also, but this great card is worth another comment. Love how you used those circles for this terrifically designed card.

MiamiKel said...

Yeahaw, get 'em girl! :) I don't really get a western feel from your card - that's so funny how we see what ours eyes draw us to! I see one dazzling beauty!! The circular frame is spot on (ha ha, no pun intended!) and this is one fabulous color combo! Gorgeous card, Mel!!

Unknown said...

What a great way to use circles - Love it!

Terria said...

Oh This is really pretty love the colors :)

Lela said...

I like the colors and the circles, this came out great for the challenge