Monday, March 5, 2012

The Crafty Gals March Challenge!

Hi!
It's the 5th and that means it's time for another Crafty Gals creation!
I am our hostess this month. My title was:
"Not Luck......Blessings"
I asked the Gals to make a project using:
 1. 2 different shades of green.
2. Make the sentiment a "blessings" or "thankfulness" theme.
3. A Nature element somewhere on your creation. Examples: plant, sun, flower, grass, etc image and/or use patterned paper with plants, grass etc.....Any Natural element you can think of on your project. I want you to really go "green" on this challenge!
So, here's my card:
My greens are Old Olive and Certainly Celery.
I used the leaf lines stamp set on the Season of Friendship tree. The sentiment is from the Everyday Phrases set.
I had a piece of this Sweet Pea dsp in my scrap box. It went very well with the challenge I think.

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure and check out all the Crafty Gals blogs to see what they created for our challenge! Their blogs are listed in my left sidebar.

I'm also entering this card in the Paper Sundaes Challenge ~ #110 Green or Good Luck!

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

16 comments:

craftieodmae said...

that is so cool!!!!

Barb said...

Melina--this card is stunning! I love the leaves and the paper is so cute too.

What a great challenge and thanks for setting up this fun group of ladies!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Melina, LOVE LOVE your tree!!!. Great work with those leaves, and great challenge this month!!!. Thanks for being our leader, you're doing a great job!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love that tree image... you've showcased it perfectly!

Jacquel said...

I love your card Melina! Your layout is great & I really like how you did your sentiment...I see a CASE in the near future! TFS!!!

Athina said...

Fantastic card! I love how the leaves are stamped on the tree trunk. Very cool! Great job and great challenge this month!

Darlene said...

This is so well done! I love those leaves on that tree and the colors Certainly Celery and Old Olive are perfect together. Love your challenge, and - by the way: I also believe in blessings, not luck. Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Very neat card!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Melina, your card is beautiful! What a fun use of ribbon - with a knot in it. And that tree is GORGEOUS!!!

Lela said...

Melina, love the trees! Great challenge this month!

Unknown said...

Wow....those leaves look very nice! Great job!

Patty Gorka said...

How pretty! I love how you stamped the tree, great job!

Carol said...

That is the coolest tree! Neat!! I love the green shades you used.

MiamiKel said...

Oh my cards, this is just a vision! Such lovely hues of green (love me some green!0 and the stamped tree is perfect! Great challenge!

Unknown said...

HI I am new here, just following along...I really love this card, great colors, tho I doubt I would have tried then together : ) and yes that dp is perfect ...

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love how the leaves look on your card. The use of the Sweet Pea DSP is perfect.