Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Flying High Birthday

This is my second post today! Scroll down to see the caterpillar :)

I got a card done for the retro sketches challenge! It's a brand new challenge blog.

Here's my card:
and here's their sketch:
 You can check out their first challenge here:

I'm so excited! I love sketches.
Anywho, about my card....
I used a little stamp I picked up from the dollar basket at Michael's. It's made my studio g. I paper pieced the kites with SU! brights dsp. The sentiment is from SU! petite pairs set. The little black dots are sticky bubbles....I forget the maker's name.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

awesome, love this and the one before it!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun card and great kites.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Melina! The circle is a great backdrop for your kites! The primary colors against the kraft is a wonderful look! Thanks for playing in our first ever Retrosketches challenge!

MiamiKel said...

Look at you, your blog is bursting with fun and goodness! And this one is no exception - love the bright pop of red! The SOTC theme this month is things that fly - I think you'll inspire a lot of the sistahs that come and visit you :)

Ana Carolina Little said...

Great card for that sketch Melina!!!. I'll see if I can play tomorrow, I still have some time.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Melina, this card is sooooo fun! A perfect take on the sketch and cute, too!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow Melina - this is super cute!!! I love those fun kites and you did an awesome job with the sketch! I am thrilled you could join us for our very first challenge at RetroSketches this week!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I just love it! Those little kites are just as cute as can be!

Marybeth said...

Your card is just adorable, love the kites.

Carol said...

Love it! Don't you just love the dollar bin at Michael's?! Once in a while you find a treasure like this one.

Liz said...

This is so cute , I love kites and the colors you used! great job!!!

Julie said...

This is so cute! I'll have to check out the dollar bin at Michaels - Love those little kites!

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Nice card. I like how you stamped on the DSP. I never think to do that.

:: BlueInks :: said...

I like the depth that you created in the layout. Now go fly a kite! LOL