Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Crafty Gals April Challenge


Hi :)

Can you believe it's already April? We're in the 4th month of 2012 and it seems like we celebrated New Year's yesterday. My Mom always said this would happen.....She said "The older you get the quicker time goes". I believe you now Mama! :)

Well the 5th of each month brings excitement to me because the blog group I started at SCS posts their monthly challenge creations on this day! Yay! You can find all the lovely ladies (The Crafty Gals) blogs listed in my right sidebar.
This month our lovely, Diane challenged us to make a card using water as inspiration. We also had to use brads, ribbon and patterned paper.

Here's what I came up with....
My image is SU! I colored it with watercolor pencils and a blender pen.
The dsp is from the SU! Sweet Pea stack. I added three black brads above the image.
Then for that pop of color I used a scalloped border of Tempting Turquoise along with a piece of TT ribbon.

Thank you Diane for a great challenge this month!

Other challenges:

Little Red Wagon ~ wants you to include an umbrella in your creation.

This card also goes with the Twisted Tuesday challenge this week....to include clouds on your creations (but the clouds can't be stamped). You have until Sunday night to enter!

Come on over...you know you wanna....
Well, I so appreciate you stopping by!

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

17 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love this! CAS elegance!

Jacquel said...

This is really cute Melina! I like your layout & colors....very nice Hun!

Pondering the Twisted challenge for this week....no stamped clouds. I'm working on it :-)

Liz said...

Love your card I added Get twisted to my blog Hugs

April said...

Great card, Melina! I love the simplicity of it. You are sure to make Diane proud with this creation to her challenge!

Barb said...

Melina--what a cute card and using it as a get well card is so creative!

Unknown said...

You always make such pretty cards

Ana Carolina Little said...

LOVE your cards Melina. You have a great style. They are so CAS and beautiful!!!. I'm so use to put so many things that I can't go back even if I want to!!!. Love the colours, the image... very pretty, and you gave me an idea... I was thinking... I don't have clouds anywhere... what to do???... well I have a DP from SU with clouds...YAYYYY!!!. Thanks.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Melina, your card is so pretty! Love that layout and where you placed the brads!

Also think it's fabulous that you made a card that fits the Twisted Tuesday challenge this week!

Patty Gorka said...

I love this card, Melina! Great coloring and I love the pop of color you've added, nicely done!

Athina said...

Very cute! It want to touch it, it looks so soft. Great job!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful creation!

:: BlueInks :: said...

The colors and layout are great on this card!

By the way, can you please ask your mom how to make it stop?! The time going fast, that is!!!

Heather B said...

Cute card!!! And, I had forgotten about those clouds on the Sweet Pea paper. Might have to do something for the twisted challenge myself!

Darlene said...

Absolutely wonderflu, Melina! Love the color combo & layout. The soft coloring of the image is perfect. A great take on the challege and also for TT this round.

AnnMarie said...

Very nice card! The color combo is awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Great card...Thanks for joining us over at Little REd Wagon.

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Perfect image for the challenge. Love the color combo and layout.