Friday, March 22, 2013

Look What I Got!

Hello!

I got some great goodies......something I've been playing with all day :)


Yep!!! I finally got Spectrum/Noir markers....more than just a couple of packs! Yea! Now, I have enough colors to be able to color an entire image with them and not a little with them and the rest with watercolor pencils! Ugh....
I do still have my Copics but as you can see only a few...mostly skin tones.
I've been saving and "selling".....crafty creations that is....*giggle* for these markers forever. I already had the green pack. I bought both blue packs, the reds, pinks, yellows and browns. Then I bought the filler packs of 24 in Brights and Lights. I still need some purple tones and I would love to have the filler pack of 24 in Pastels. But....those will have to wait. :)

So, here's my first card, created with my (complete to me right now) Spectrum/Noir markers:

Okay, so yes, I know I have a long way to go before I can get out of the "beginner" class of coloring....but it's a start, right?

Here's the inside of my card:

Let me know what you think. :)

Supplies:
Image: Riley (given to me, sorry don't know the exact name)
Sentiments: CTMH card chatter - Sympathy
Paper C/S: HL Kraft, echo park - everyday eclectic, GP white
Sentiment ink: SU chocolate chip
bakers twine - The Twinery
Green rhinestones - Kaisercraft
Spellbinders - Labels Fourteen and Big Shot
CM corner rounder punch
sponge dauber, TM linen distress ink, sanding bar
Coloring: Spectrum/Noir markers (sorry I was so excited I didn't write down all the numbers I used....I'll be better about that in the future!)


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina


8 comments:

Lela said...

woohoo! I would love to have a more full set of markers, would be easier to color images. I love the look, have fun with your new marker set

Laura said...

Congrats on your new goodies! So fun! Your card is adorable - I love the cloud paper, and your coloring is great!! Have fun coloring Melina! :)

Sharon said...

Very pretty!!!! I have tried those markers yet but I guess I will now!

Sassy said...

Nice! I have the full set of these markers and haven't even removed a cap. You are the inspiration I needed to give them a try.

Zella said...

Melina, I have a confession....I'm so JEALOUS! I was eyeing the new sale ad this month and saw the SN markers on sale....thinking I'm going to have to take the plunge. I love my pencils but would love to jump into markers and am much too cheap to invest in Copics. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the SN markers after you've had them a bit. Great card and coloring! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an adorable card, Melina! Love that image - and it looks like you're doing well with your new markers. ;)

Darlene said...

YEAH!!! Someone else with SN markers that I can learn from!! Had mine for about 7-8 months now. You don't look like a newbie to me! Riley is colored perfectly and that cloud paper is so fun! Love the die cuts you use to frame him too.
Great job!

Unknown said...

I love copics - so I should try some of these! Copics are so expensive - sigh.