Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Angels Who Duel?!!

Say it ain't so!

Yep, the Dueling Darlings are at it again. This round I'm hostessing for the Dazzlers! :)
Carol is the Divas hostess. Our theme is Angels. More specifically for me, the Dazzlers are Angels! ;)
This great group of ladies put up with my constant "air headedness" and love me anyway.
I got their kits to them just in the nick of time to post today. Whew! I'm just glad they arrived. LOL

I hope they enjoy what I sent them.
Their kit included ~

Image: C.C. Designs Peace on Earth
teal papers from Recollections
textured flower paper from DCWV
an acetate sheet from Crafter's Companion
white paper bag from the Scrapbooking with M.E. Boutique on FB
buttons from MFT
Dewdrops from the Robin's Nest
fabric flower from Wal-Mart
and baker's twine from Maya Road

Here's what I made:

My card base is 5"x5". Those C.C. Design stamps are pretty big!
I colored the image with my Spectrum markers.
I don't have an oval spellbinders die big enough so a little of her halo got cut off :(


We've asked the ladies to share an "Angelic" story with us in their post.

The angel in my life would have to be my grandmother, Gertrude Wray. She was always so sweet to me and my sister. Always loving on us and asking about everything and everybody in our lives. Even though she had 19 grandchildren, she had this way of making you feel like you were the only one. You know? This March will be 2 years since she left this Earth. I miss her terribly. But, I wouldn't wish her back here for anything. She is finally getting to be with Papaw again after 38 years of being apart.
I love you Mamaw!

Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog.
I can't wait to visit the Dueling Darlings to see what they made for this challenge.
See for yourself! Visit their blogs by following the links in my left sidebar.

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

8 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Yes, angels do duel, my daughter says, lOL! She's obsessed with Patch from a book series (a fallen angel) :) What a LOVELY card, Melina!! Such a sweet little angel and paired with the blue, it's just so warm and cheerful - awesome!

Thanks for being an ANGEL!!!

Carol W said...

What a wonderful card and Angel story. I'm sure (from all the cards) the Dazzlers really enjoyed your kit...it is just perfect!

Barb said...

Melina--you picked a great image for your team to use this month--she sure is a cutie! Love the layout of your card and the colors are perfect!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such a cute and sweet card! I like how you colored her hair - it looks great!

19 grandkids! Wow! We have a small family, so that is a lot to me!!! Sweet thoughts on G'ma Gertrude!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Melina... your card is so SWEET! Love the soft coloring of the image and the way you used all those incredible embellishments! BTW, your kit was FANTASTIC!!!

I loved reading about your grandmother, too. What nice memories to share!

Darlene said...

Melina, this is so very pretty! I just loved that DP that you used for the background and you have shown it off very nicely. You are rocking those SN markers! Love the soft colors on your angel.

Your Mamaw certainly was an angel, both here and now in heaven!

dweatter said...

Sweet card. I like how you used several of the Dp's. Your grandma sounds incredible I am so glad you had her in your life.

Terry Ladwig said...

Love the way you colored your angel! Cute card all around!!