Thursday, May 15, 2014

I'm Double Dueling

Hello All
Long time no see. I have 2 cards to show you today. The first is from our current "Duel" with the Dueling Darling Group. Sweet P is our hostess.

I'm loving the kit she sent us. I love music, our daughter plays the piano, it is just a great kit!

Here's what I made with it:


I made my card kind of abstract. I loved the quote stamped image she sent and also loved the single music note and found a way to use them together.
Thank you Sweet P for a great kit! I still have enough images and papers to make another card :)

Now, on to the card that has been sitting on my desk, all laid out for weeks, just needing to be put together. I haven't been in a crafty "place" for the last couple months. I'm still not there 100%. Last time the Dueling Darlings posted, I didn't. I couldn't. I just didn't have it in me. I'm sorry ladies that I let you down.
I'm very late but here is my card I made using the FABULOUS kit that April sent us.

I loved all the pink papers and card stocks April sent. So, I decided to go wild with pink. :)
{She is drinking fruit punch by the way! with a cherry in it. No "hard stuff" allowed in this house. LOL}
I decided to make her a little more mature than I usually color my girl images. 
Thanks April for sending such a fun kit! I'm sorry it took me so long to get this posted.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
I hope to post more often, as our situation at home is looking up.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, we are still in need of them.

Until next time...
Blessings...


9 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your first card looks so good! I really like how you placed the die cuts. You are right, they add to the sentiment/image on the card. Pretty colors too!

The second card is as cute as can be! The textured pink paper looks great. The soft colors and cute image make it perfect!

Terry Ladwig said...

OK....starting with the April card...I love how you cut her out and placed her on the "ledge"...very cute card!

The May card......love how you placed the butterfly and music notes die cuts. Great layout too!

~Paola~ said...

Melina , both of your cards are gorgeous to say the least! Love your pink gal on the ledge...that's a genial idea!...and of course i LOVE your take on the 'musical' card....wow....very cute!!
So nice to see all the different takes for this challenge...thank you for your awesome partecipation!♥

Barb said...

Melina--I love both of your cards! The layout of the first one is great--I love all of the embellishments that you used.

The card from April's kit is also sweet--I love the colors you used.
I am so happy to be a Darling with you and that we get to duel each month!

Darlene said...

Melina, April's card is too cute for words, and well worth the wait! Very clever to have her sitting like that! I love it.

May's card is simply wonderful! That is one of my fav D. Morgan stamps and you have done it justice! I love how it looks with the music sheet behind it. Very pretty layout.
Hang in there, we all are rooting for you!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such wonderful cards - both of them. Your creativity is apparent in each one.

Carol W said...

Both cards are awesome. I hope everything is getting better each and every day!

dweatter said...

Both cards are great. I like how you offset the music image/sentiment on the card. And the large note and butterfly next to each other look great.

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Melina! Today is the last day in May and I'm finally getting around to checking out all the DD's May creations. Your card is outstanding! I love the neutral color scheme and that lovely sentiment image! Your placement of the butterfly, treble clef image and musical note die cut and brads are the perfect complement to the music theme!
Love being on the Dueling Darlings with you, my friend!!

Your second card is so pretty in pink! Love the sequin embellishments...the perfect touch!!

Your second c