Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Little Outdoor Dueling!

Hiya!

I told you I was gonna try and do better! Here I am 2 days later!.....not 2 weeks! I told you I loved you! :) *giggle* I'm gettin' back in the crafty spirit.

It's Dueling Darling time again. This month Michelle from the Dazzlers and Barb from the Divas decided on a Great Outdoors theme. I absolutely love the kit Michelle sent us! Wow! The papers, the cute Whipper Snapper image! Love it! Sooooooo, cute! Thanks so much Michelle.

Here's what I came up with...




Look at those papers! Did I not tell you they were tooo cute?! The little pine cone brad was such a cute touch Michelle, you put together a wonderful kit. (can you tell I'm in love with this kit?)

I tried a ribbon technique I've seen a lot lately. I just did it facing doward instead. I colored my image with watercolor pencils. I decided the buttons all needed thread and fibers :) Before I added my image to the card I ran it through my Big Shot with my circle die. I hope you like my creation!

OH! We were challenged to tell of an outdoor adventure/experience we had good or bad. Mine has to be last Summer. My husband talked me into going camping with him, our kiddos and his parents. I'm not that much of an outdoors"wo"man, but I have to say, I LOVED camping. It is so relaxing, the kids had a ball and the bugs weren't bad at all *LOL* Of course, we were in a camper and we had nice showers and bathrooms to use at the campground too. The moral of this story...."Don't be afraid to try new things!" :-)

Please visit my sister Darlings. Their blogs are listed in my left sidebar.

Thanks for visiting me today!


Until next time...

Blessings...


Melina

12 comments:

April said...

So glad you enjoyed camping!!

Your card is just adorable and I love your ribbon treatment? WTG on trying something new!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Well look at you, Melina! Your card is just way too cute! How clever to use a circle for the image and your placement of every item is perfect!!!

I love your story - hmmmmmmmm... camping, yes! Roughing it? No! You're my kind of gal.

Hugs!

Barb said...

Melina--your card is so darn cute! Love the layout and how you added the ribbon--will need to try that. Great story--what wonderful family-time

MiamiKel said...

How cute!! Beautiful design on your card, Melina! Love the lil pine cone brad, now that is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Hugs! x0x0

Jamie Sanchez said...

You made a great card Melina. At first I thought it was a snowglobe (I love snowglobes). The papers are awesome and I am in love with that little pinecone brad too! lol

Fabulous story!

dweatter said...

Cute card. Love the new ribbon technique. Glad you had a good camping experience...our poor Kelly, did not!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like the layout you used, Melina. The circle adds dimension.

It would have taken me forevah to thread those buttons! So cute when you do.

Super job!

Terry Ladwig said...

I love your layout Melina! How stinkin' cute!!!! Michelle sure sent us some cool stuff to work with...and it looks like you used a bit of everything!!

Great job ☺

Carol W said...

Oh Melina, what a cute card. You did a wonderful job with the kit. Fun story as well....I'm camping challenged but have had a couple good timew with it...Great job...♥♥♥

Judy McMullen said...

Darling card, Melina! Love the super design, the ribbon treatment and the great use of the brad and buttons!! What a nice camping experience for you and your family!!!

marsha said...

Melina, this is just the cutest ever! I love that DP and your entire design looks fabulous girl!
Hugs,
Marsha

Terria said...

Too cute !! Love the colors and such a super cute image :) It made me smile.