Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dueling Darling Blessngs!

Hello everyone!
It's the 15th and that means it's time for another Duel!
The Dueling Darlings (group over on SCS) is made up of some of the best ladies online! We are a fun, caring group of gals who love to create.
This month we are hosted by Michelle on the Dazzlers team and Barb on the Divas.
I am a Dazzler so Michelle is "my girl"! 
She sent some of the cutest papers and embellishments in our kit. I love the poem she printed out for us too.
Here's what I created:
See isn't that poem beautiful?!
Thank you so much Michelle! BIG HUGS

Our hostesses wanted us to list any traditions we hold dear at St. Patrick's Day. Although I am of Irish decent, we don't really celebrate the day. Well, if you call making sure I wear something green on that day, then yes....I celebrate it :~)

Be sure and check out all the other Darlings creations. Their blogs are listed in my left sidebar.

Other challenges I am entering:
The new challenge blog, retro sketches 2nd challenge found HERE
and here's the sketch
I turned the sketch and went all the way across my card with it.

Also:
The CCEE Stampers Challenge to use an element of International Flair.
Find the challenge HERE

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

Supplies:
Papers...
Basic Grey Origins ~ Sugar Pea, Echo Park This and That ~ dots and plaid, Reminisce...ShamRock
 Embellishments...
Ribbon, cording and brad ~ American Crafts
Glitter Shamrock ~ die cut from glitter paper
Button Candy Dots by Pebblesinc
C/S...
Irish Blessing is computer generated and printed on SU! Whisper White, and SU! Very Vanilla
SU! Crumb Cake card base
Ink...
Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede inked edges
and circle punches

20 comments:

April said...

Too funny, Girly, that we high lighted the last stanza the same way! Love how you incorporated all the papers onto your card!

Barb said...

Great card Melina--I sure love the sentiment that you all received from Michelle and the wonderful papers you used on your card.

Thanks for being a part of this fun group and for sharing your Irish Green Card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great design and I love that poem!

Athina said...

I really like the blessing. Great card!

~Paola~ said...

awww Melina....I LOVEE how U incorporated the d/p in punched out circles all over the card frame(this must be your trademark ♥)
It really makes the beautiful sentiment pop out!

Carol W said...

Oh Melina, I love this card. The Irish blessing is awesome and the circle background is amazing...well done my friend.

MiamiKel said...

Now this is a stunning Irish beauty!! Gorgeous design!! iRISH you a fabulous week!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I too love that Irish Blessing. Glad you girls could use it, as it is awesome on your card.

What a great idea (that I will have to try to remember to CASE!) to use multiple DP's. Would work great for scrap pieces. So smart you are!!!

Great job.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, what a fun sketch and I love that poem too. You did a fabulous job with the challenge(s).

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, Melina! This card is FABULOUS! I love all those punched circles... certainly eye-catching! You've dazzled us with your creativity!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Loving all those circles...cool design...thanks for playing with the CCEE

Jenny said...

Hi Melina, Love how you interpreted the sketch... all those patterned circles look great and I like the sentiment too :0)
Jenny x

Liz Williams said...

This is a great card and love the blessing. I was so glad to see you honored this week as Queen for the day!! You are most deserving.

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love the Irish blessing that you put on your card. Great job in placing those circles. Thanks for joining us in the CCEE challenge.

Ana Carolina Little said...

Melina!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that sentiment/poem!!!. SOOO beautiful, like your card. Very well done!!!

Darlene said...

Look at those gorgeous circles!!! I just love how you used those circles! Very impressive & creative!! You really rocked this one Melina!

Terry Ladwig said...

Love the layout and all of the punched circles!! That was a great way to use all of the awesome DP we got!

Great job on the challenge thhis month ☺

Benzi said...

Melina, what a super card and I do love the sketch you used. It is perfect, too, for the CCEE Stampers challenge. So glad you joined us.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Melina, this is gorgeous! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards before! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!

dweatter said...

Wonderful card! I love all the punched circles and the buttons off the side of the sentiment. Like how the blessing is showcased and distressed. Very cool!