Friday, May 15, 2015

Summer Fun with the Dueling Darlings!

HI everyone!
We are having a great time "dueling" in SplitCoastStampers! The Darlings are at it again. This round we were to create a Summer themed......anything but a card! :)

I am in LOVE with pocket letters!!!!! 
They were created by the fabulous Janette Lane. You can find her blog HERE.
If you've never heard of them, don't worry, the concept was just "discovered" back in February. Visit Janette' blog for more details of see her videos on YouTube. You also need to check out AnnMarie's blog (she is how I found out about them!) HERE. Scroll down her blog and see all the pocket letter glory! WOWZERS!

Take a sleeve, you know the ones made for baseball card collecting?!!!! Then add 2.5"x3.5" decorated cards (also known as ATCs). Add goodies to the back (or front if you wish), add a letter to one pocket and mail to a pal! :) :) :)

It's so fun!
Here are a few I've made (I'm working on my 27th right now and only started the last of March LOL)
 The butterflies on this pocket letter remind me of summer.
(This one I recently sent to AnnMarie)

 Of course a garden theme reminds me of summer!

and these bright colors on this PL and memories of catching lightning bugs in mason jars, 
remind me of summer!

I loved the theme this round for the Dueling Darling challenge!
Thanks ladies for thinking outside the "card". :)

Be sure to visit all the other Dueling Darlings blogs. There is a list in my left sidebar.

Until next time...
Blessings...


5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Melina, I've never heard of these "pocket letters" but I must say, I'm impressed! Such a cute and fun presentation!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow!Wow!Wow! You nailed this challenge, Melina! I love these pocket letters...so clever!! I'm especially fond of the one with the butterflies!;-)

Carol W said...

Holy cow Melina..thanks for sharing the fun new idea. I love them and can't wait to try them....

Barb said...

WOW--these are all too darn cute. I too have not heard of these before, but I love all of them.
Nice job on the challenge this month!

Terry Ladwig said...

I LOVE these cards!! I so wish I could sit down and make some for the scrapbooks I would like to start!! Great project!!