Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crafters of Faith March Challenge

Hi!
Today is the day for some "faithful crafting". :~)

One of my blog groups, The Crafters of Faith, monthly challenge is due the last day of each month. Carolina is our hostess this month. Here's what she wanted us to do:
1. Try to use a lighthouse in your project or something that represents LIGHT in your world/life.
2. Use at least two different scrap of designer paper.
3. Since the theme is light use some bling on your card/project.
I don't have a lighthouse image :( So, I had to use THE LIGHT, well not the big Man Himself....but something HE made :)
My sun image is from Close to my Heart. I got this stamp set from a "scrapbook yard sale" for $1!!!! Woooooo! Whooooo! :) I love finding a bargain!!!
My scrap dp is exactly that, from my scrap box. I do believe both came from a Die Cuts with a View stack, since I'm a 12x12 paper stack NUT! I got stacks upon stacks upon stacks.........but all were bought on sale. I love that 40% off printable coupon to Hobby Lobby. Or even better, the weeks they put them on 1/2 off. Yeah baby!
I didn't want to cover up too much of the middle paper so I used a sentiment from Fundamental Phrases (SU!) and cut it tiny :)
 
I hope you like my cheery card!
Be sure to check out my "sisters" blogs. I can't wait to see what they created for Carolina's challenge!
That blog list is located in my left sidebar.
 
Until next time...
Blessings...
 
Melina

15 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a bright and cheerful card! LOve that you used the sun image... so sweet! Have a great weekend!

Carol said...

So cute, Melina! Love the sun and spring time look of your card. And you are right, HE is truly the LIGHT of our lives. Blessings!

AnnMarie said...

Love this happy, happy card!! Very sweet! :)

Darlene said...

Oh, now this is CUTE, Melina!! Love that paper and the pretty tree & adorable bird! The sun is too cute! Great take on this challenge!

April said...

What am Dorable card! And a great deal on the set ~ great find!

MiamiKel said...

How sweet! What a great interpretation of Carolina's challenge of light! Beautifully done - love that smiley sunshine! Would you believe I used to get in trouble in school for making happy faces on my sunshines!?! Like for real! This is a great design, love everything about your happy card! Blessings! x0x0

Athina said...

Very bright and cherry! Perfect for the challenge!

Payne Holler Cards said...

cute cute cute!!! this is going to make the person smile who gets this adorable card!!!! love that sun!

craftieodmae said...

sorry it has took me so long to drop by to comment, super busy weekend, I love your card, so clean and gorgeous!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This card is so fun and refreshing!

WOW! What a steal on that stamp set, too. Way to go!

Unknown said...

I love CTMH stamps - great deal you found!
I love this card!

Carol W said...

What a great card Melina...very cheery looking...I really like your take on the light..

Ana Carolina Little said...

Melina, your card is so cute!!!. I love that happy sun!!! Great card for the challenge!!!

Liz Williams said...

What a delightful card, and the SONshine is wonderful for this theme! A cute take on the challenge. Just got in last night late from my Emmaus weekend, full of this light of which we honor. Gotta get my challenge card done tonight.

Liz said...

what a great card I love your paper and using the Sun was so cleaver TFS