Thursday, March 29, 2012

First Christmas Card of 2012!

Okay, yes, I made a Christmas card in March.
It's never too early, right?!
When I saw this scrap dp in my box and I had a crumb cake base sitting on my desk.....well, it just had to happen! *giggle*

I made this for the QFTD105 challenge on SCS, the Ways to Use It challenge and last week's Free for All challenge. Click HERE to go to my SCS gallery for more details on those challenges.
I loved embossing and inking the punched circles. I love that look. I tore and inked some vanilla c/s.....it's been a long time since I did any tearing. The polka dot paper is from my scrap box. It's a retired Christmas SU pack.
**Something new** I colored my pearls with a copic marker to make it go better with the card. I used #E11. This is a first, and I loved it!...can't wait to try it with some, more vibrant color.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate you.

Until next time...
Blessings...

Melina

4 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like those colors together. The shabby look of the papers was done well.

You did make me have a wee bit of a panic with the Christmas element! LOL I had to do a quick calculation on how much time is left to get Christmas cards finished!

Great card!

AnnMarie said...

Ooooooh pretty! :)

Heather B said...

Love the new font....and the pretty card!!

Darlene said...

So verrrrry pretty!!! Love those colors together, and the torn edge...it's been a while since I've done that too. It really goes nicely with the layout. Coloring the pearls with your Copics is inspired! Love you & your dotted circles. Hugs!